Jesus wept. John 11:34
The soft rain was the first thing I heard with the song the Lord put on my heart this morning. He reminded me, "Jesus wept." He did! It was almost as if He was weeping with all of us. He feels our breaking hearts over missing our sister. Within the next moment I remembered the gentle rain that fell the morning Jesus took her up in His arms and brought her to her eternal home with Him.
As I pondered these things in my heart, the memory of the last day we spent together played clearly in my mind. We wept. It wasn't crying, it was weeping. It is difficult to put into words. I was doing everything I could to keep my tears and emotions from bubbling over as we spoke. It was just plain sad. I knew it was better for me to listen than to speak in this moment.
"It is okay, Alicia. It's okay. I am okay with it." Tears gracefully trickled down her face as this dear woman of God was showing me that she fully trusted the Lord and His will...completely, totally, unashamedly, and with utter abandonment.
It wasn't until this morning that I realized she wasn't crying for herself. She was crying for me. She was looking into my anguished eyes and sharing the peace of God. She was teaching me more in this moment than I was able to fathom. I'm still learning from this moment one week later. I can only imagine what I will gleen from her as the hours and days pass.
Sending my LOVE and PINK HUGS up to heaven even though His are better! We will see each other again. Until then, I miss you, Brenda!
No comments:
Post a Comment