Have you ever just met somebody and your spirit testifies to their spirit that God has totally and completely orchestrated your friendship? It has come to my attention tonight as I was thanking Jesus for His Hands and Hearts on earth that I have many of these. I don't mean many, I mean a HOST of divine friendships!
What the enemy intended for harm, God is turning around and using it to bless the Holy Cannolie out of me! Seriously, this little thing called cancer has changed my life. This year, I have met so many absolutely incredible people. Many of them, I already knew, but I have really, really, really been able to get to know them.
For example, my mother, Linda. The Lord has given me 4 of what I consider "Moms" in my life. Sandy is my biological mother. She was my late night buddy who kept me laughing. She ordered a grand-daughter and grandson from Ray on our first date. She is with Jesus now. She never did get to see her grandchildren with her human eyes. Linda is my "step" mother...whatever step means...This year, I've learned that she is a STEP above all other women in my life. She is my Besty! I didn't learn that until this year. Man, she is one strong woman! Then there is Michelle. God, I LOVE her. She is crazy-mad strong as well. She is fighting tltcc too. She has been my phone-a-friend and taught me how to scream and cuss this year! Finally, My Monte, who is my spiritual Mom. She knows every part of me and still loves me through it all.
Then there are all my FB buddies, Mighty Women of God, Lifepointers, and high school friends that know Jesus are coming out of the woodwork to encourage me. What's up with HES? What's up with Hutto ISD, the school board and Dr. Borrer? How incredible are they?!?! They have totally blessed our family! How about my Besty, Rachel...and my new girlfriend Alison from Ray's work...and Leah, Hannah Beth's new Mom and a half? I can't forget my CRAAAZZZZY Mexican Sister, Rosie! It's nice to compare novelas. Eddie Bauer fellow employees and bosses....NOT! They are my TEAMMATES and FRIENDS! Old and new friends...I can't list them all, but really!?!?
Do we deserve this? No, but Jesus really loves us, so we get spoiled! Especially by our family...WOW! I've always known my family is tight and supportive (jeez! Sounds like a bra!), but Ray and I would not have made it without them. My in-laws...I just don't even have words. They are the real deal. I've always known it. You can see it in their eyes, but we've experienced it abundantly this year!
God has given me His incredible embrace of family and friends to LIVE instead of just be here, ya know?
Why is it that my body has reacted so harshly to 16 rounds of chemotherapy, 3 surgeries and radiation? Why do I have to be that small percentage that has the insane chronic nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and vertigo? Why have I been sick since flipping October 20th with all of this? Stress...yes. But gee willickers! I sure would like a break from the dry heaves, puking, pooping, crazy twitching and tremors! While I'm complaining...radiation was supposed to be a breeze! More like a SBD fart if you ask me. I have NO energy after 11AM and talk about itching! It's worse than having chicken pox at 27!
The answer is simple. Divine Delay. That's it. I just had to come to the point of being rendered completely physically incapable of doing anything in order to have the scales finally fall from my eyes. (Well that and the diagnosis of adrenal insufficiency which apparently explains all of my symptoms. Oh and WOOHOO! I get to be on more steroids...double woohoo woohoo! This explains the up all night even though I'm exhausted blogs I'm writing.)
The Lord had to bring me to this point to make me accept help. This year, I have needed help. I was not expecting to be this sick during radiation. Yet, the Lord allowed it. It has been so hard. Every single morning, Leah picks up Hannah Beth for school. She is always in incredible pain, yet she smiles. She is living! She loves being a Mom and serving people. She joyfully opens the van door for Hannah Beth, and gives her yummies. The best part...Miss Hailey. Hannah Beth is the MOST beautiful 5 year old. Hailey is definitely the most beautiful 6 year old! Hailey and Hannah Beth are so fun to watch. They just have so much fun together, that you can't help but catch the JOY!
Each morning, Mom drives from Georgetown to Hutto to pick Aiden and I up. We go to radiation in Round Rock at 8:50 every morning. During the time I'm getting burned, Mom walks around, entertains and plays with Aiden. Every single morning, this woman has her hair done, her make-up on and she is dressed nice. She is getting sick, but she is still trucking forward for me. She is literally laying down her life for me every day, as she has done since I was diagnosed. I'm amazed at her tenacity to fight and figure out the medical puzzle called, 'Lisa'.
I am thankful for divine delays, because they cause me to stop! When you are stopped, you can't 'busy' yourself out of your situation. It is what it is and you are forced to reconcile yourself to the fact that life is what you make it. You can sit and let it just "happen", or you can live and enjoy what the Lord has for you each and every moment. I enjoy the 'Joys' of my life, my family and friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment