Here are the details of the surgery...
What: Bilateral mastectomy, removal of lymph nodes and insertion of expanders
Where: St. David's Hospital in Georgetown
When: Noon, Thursday, September 24, 2009
Why: I've never asked why...Just know this is where I'm walking and I'm NEVER alone.
It is a bilateral mastectomy. This means that both breasts will be removed. Dr. Scissorhands (Dr. Russell) will also take out my lymph nodes. Dr. Staebel (My plastic surgeon who doesn't have a nickname YET.) will place expanders in when Dr. Scissorhands finishes.
We (No, I'm NOT Cybil, my family and I) need to be at Georgetown Hospital by 10AM. Surgery starts at noon and is expected to take 3-4 hours. (If I remember correctly.) Dr. Scissorhands expects me to stay in the hospital for 2-3 days.
Mom is taking me to her "Granny Spa" to heal up while Ray's Mom takes over at our house beginning on Saturday. My baby brother, Brad is here to until Sunday for anything we need. (Tee Hee...Brad, do you remember us sneaking around the house like detectives or something and you would say, "Okay, Boss," in that silly voice. I am tickled right now recalling that...) He'll be taking Hannah Beth to and from school for us and whatever else the boss wants. uh oh...I'm digressing as I shiver.
Details...details...OH! For all my prayer buddies: Lymphodema (I have no clue how to spell it and I'm too tired to care right now.) is a condition that is a possibility post surgery. I'll spare you the explanation right now. It is something I do NOT want. It is painful and once you have it, you have it for life...so it's a bad guy!
I'm tired and have tons of preparation ahead of me tomorrow. Thank you for praying.
1 comment:
Alicia, I will be calling in a few- I pray that your nodes are negative and they don't have to take any of them. I love you and will be praying for you-
I really hope you bounce back as quickly as I do-
Ruth
Post a Comment