As if the abysmal vortex of nausea is NOT enough for me to endure!
Hello for the vertigo! Vertigo! Really!?!? Vertigo REALLY!
Apparently I am so special that I get to go through chemo and vertigo at the same time! Woo Hoo! I always knew I was special for some reason. Obviously my purpose is to confound the wise men with my super duper special powers of getting completely and utterly sick!
Sick defined by Merriam Webster:
affected with disease or ill health, queasy, nauseated
Nausea defined by Merriam Webster:
a stomach distress with distaste for food and an urge to vomit
Distress, really!?!? Distress! That is what I'm feeling!? Distress!?!? I think this goes just a teensy weensy bit beyond distress! How about MAY DAY<> ALICIA IS CRASHING! Seriously!
Last Thursday and Friday, I went in for infusion of fluids and anti-nausea meds. I was good for Friday right afterwards. Then Saturday night came. Actually it was Sunday Morning at 3AM. I simply have a huge disdain for nausea. Monday came and went very gingerly for me. I layed like broccoli most of the day a prayed to go to sleep. Sleep finally came for 6 hours. WOW! That is HUGE!
Tuesday came...spinning, nausea, vortex of terror! It had made it's way back into my head and body. YES, I typed HEAD! The vertigo starts with my allergies, having something to do with my ears and boom...shacka...lacka I am disco dancing without moving a muscle!
Mom and Dad took me in for an infusion. I didn't comprehend how bad I was until Tracy (My lovely pregnant nurse.) looked at me. Her face said it all. I did not look well. She added meclizine and a transderm scop patch to fight the vertigo. Long story, longer.....
If I can't get fluids in, it's bad. I have to be able to eat and drink or I could be hospitalized. I do NOT want to be hospitalized. Please pray for this vertigo and nausea to subside. I'd really like to be part of the land of the living. I want to see my children and play with them. Thank you!
No comments:
Post a Comment