Grandma Evelyn AKA GiGi (Great Grandma) is in the arms of Jesus now. We weren't expecting it all. Mom went to California to take care of Grandma and Bob on June 1st, expecting to return on the 7th. God had a different plan.You see, He knew Bob would need her there. Jesus knew that Bob would be admitted into the hospital. He also knew that Bob would be diagnosed with congestive heart failure and kidney failure. Bob has had to go through dialysis often before. We did not know that the doctors would tell Mom to call in the family, because he may not make it. Bob is a fighter! I believe he wanted to get well for Grandma.
I'm having such a hard time writing. I've attempted to write and complete this blog since June 26th. I want so badly to express how I feel about Grandma. She was so cool.
I remember as a child being so proud that I had a Grandma that would go on rides with us at Disneyland. Every year, she would come to Texas. Each of us grandchildren were able to skip school to have a day just with her! It was awesome. She would take us anywhere we wanted to eat and then take us shopping. Of course, Brad and I always chose Showbiz Pizza Place. Poor Grandma! If Ty decided to do it to, that meant Pizza 3 days in a row! She never complained. After eating pizza and playing games, she would take me to Kinney shoe store. It happened to be right next door. She would buy me a brand new pair of shoes! It was exciting because I have Dad's duck feet. Kinney's carried Bass shoes for wide feet!
The strongest I've ever seen her was back in the summer of 2001. Tim had thrown me down the stairs and let his anger out on me & I had to get another hotel. He called me several times asking what I wanted to take with me back to Texas. He meant the Millenia or the Blazer. I always responded with, "Zachary". After 3 days, he finally agreed to let me take Zachary with me. He brought Zachary to me at the hotel lobby of the hotel I was staying in. He said I had 2 hours to pack. He took his parents to the airport, Zachary and I went to pack. We drove straight to Huntington Beach.
I finally was able to start processing things there. Grandma was there for me in one of my darkest hours. She encouraged me, cried with me and listened to me. I hated to leave her. I was so ashamed of being abused, that I just didn't want anybody to know. I let her know, she didn't think anything less of me. She just held my hand and encouraged me to take things one at a time. She encouraged me that I was making the right decisions. I needed that so badly. After 3 days with her I drove back to Texas. I drove back with a new understanding of my Grandmother. I never thought of her as weak. She was definitely stronger and wiser than I had ever known.
Shannon called me first early in the morning. I answered, "Is it Grandma?" She said yes, it doesn't look good. Immediately I thought of my Mom who had to go through this with Papa all by herself. Now, she's having to go through this with Grandma. My heart was torn for her. I immediately started to pray for my Mom. I knew she would need the Lord's strength to walk through this valley.
On June 26th, Shannon called again and told me how Mom was worried about Grandma dieing on Hannah Beth's birthday. Then it hit me. I would have to explain GiGi's death to my precious daughter. She loves her GiGi and Grandpa.
Hannah Beth sat in my lap. I explained, "Hannah Beth, GiGi died today. She is in heaven now. Do you know what that means?"
"No, what does that mean, Momma?"
"Well, it means that GiGi is in Jesus' arms now. She gets to dance and sing all day and all night. She gets to wear a crown. She also gets to see beautiful colors that we have never seen. We will see her again, but not until the Lord says."
"Okay, she's happy?" she asked....
"OHHHH YES! She is happy all the time."





No comments:
Post a Comment