"I am not a teacher anymore." I sobbed to the HES school board today. These people represented caring parents from Hutto. YOU know Hutto!?!?! It's the town that we moved to so our kids would go to the best schools. These men and two women may have heard my little name prior to this meeting, but we didn't really KNOW each other. Yet, here I was with my peeps laying out my bleeding heart for permission for my child to go to HES.
Ray couldn't come. His knee was in out of control pain. So, he had to stay home and take a Darvocet. So, my peeps included Mean Barbie and Rachel. Rachel only has one name, like Cher, Madonna... They sat on either side of me while I plead my case. I just know Rachel was praying like a mad dog! Thank you, Doll!
I was terrified. I purposely did not take my anti-nausea and meclizine for vertigo before the meeting so my mind wouldn't be in a fog. In my vain attempt to NOT look like *Pat (See previous post), I wore the only high heel shoes I own. Friede talked me into them 2 years ago. They are about 2 inches high and have ribbons that wrap around your ankle like a little ballerina full of grace! Picture little me...oh wait, I have gained 16 pounds that we are blaming the steroids for...
Picture round me, without vertigo meds in heels. HELLO DOLLY! Girlfriends and Boyfriends! Let me tell you that this has to be just about the dumbest stunt I have ever pulled in my life. This is worse than surfing on Tim's Fiat with Jules in High School! No! We weren't even drinking! Back to my sob story....
Picture This:
Round
heels
shaking like a leaf without my meds
slowly leaning like a Chola
Eddie Bauer Sweater and cargo skirt
Oh, yes, of course Bald as Sinead
Teeny Tiny Mean Barbie standing on my left
Full of Jesus Rachel sitting on my right
I didn't even walk through that door before the tears just came. What a goober! I did ONE thing right! I wore my WATERPROOF MASCARA (high five to Amy Vogel!)! I prayed like Hannah prayed for her baby before this meeting. I just wanted to be able to share my heart and walk out with dignity knowing I did everything I could for Hannah Beth. To me, that meant NOT crying. Well, I did just that! I didn't cry. I SOBBED! CROCODILE tears! Goodbye dignity! Hello Calamity!
I don't know what I said exactly. The more I tried to NOT cry, the more I choked up. I remember blaming Sherri Rector for making HES a second home and heart for our family. It really is all her fault for being the catalyst and hiring all the besties for teachers and teacher aides. I don't think she hires the cafeteria staff and custodians, but she might has well have! They all have the disease of loving children too much!
I remember attempting to explain why HES is really more than just a school to our family. I recall calling it our heart. Proof: even in my physical absence from the school, HES has sustained our family for the past two months with meals and gift cards and offers to care for our Monkey and Princess. I didn't explain it that way. I was trying to be somewhat professional. I was having a hard time.
All I can say is THANK YOU, THANK YOU! Hannah Beth is going to become a Hippo at Hutto Elementary in the Fall! She is sooooo excited and so are we!
I just want to take this time to shout out, "YO! DG! DG!" to my girls for holding me up and feeding me tonight! I just adore you and hug you forever and ever!
PS Since this is my soap box, and I can write whatever I want....People in Hutto need to know what kind of man is the Superintendent for our schools here. Dr. Borrer is nothing short of a kind, compassionate, huge-hearted man. We need to continually pray for this man as I know he serving the Lord as he serves our school district!
1 comment:
I can COMMENT!!! YOU are SOOO very very welcome! I LOVE being there and love you...YO DG DG back at you! Hugs!
Post a Comment