
This is the smile Aiden makes when he KNOWS he is busted and NOT to be trusted! He is sitting in the office chair that spins by the puter...No, he is NOT supposed to be here!
"A daughter will bring you joy. There is a special blessing with daughters!" Monte assured me. She was right...AS ALWAYS! Hannah Beth has done nothing short of live up to her name. It means 'mercy, grace, prayer and deliverer of JOY'.
"Who brings Mommy Joy?" I'd quiz her lovingly. "Hannah Beth makes Mommy happy," has been her response since she was at least 15 months old. The girl was speaking way faster than Aiden...Which brings us to the far, far, far, ever so very far other side of the spectrum.
Aiden is my gift from God! He truly is! He has taught me so much, and truly drawn me closer to the Lord. Seriously, and in jest, Aiden really has! I need help with this little rascal even more than my drama queen (whom my sister, Shannon will raise through her teen years! Thanks, Shannon! Don't thank me, really!).
Pride comes before the fall. Oh, I've been proud of being the Model Mommy teaching him how to pray when he wakes up, before he eats and lays down. I've been proud of encouraging him to play his drums louder while Hannah Beth and I sing, Hail, Jesus, Your MY KING! The bigger the pride, the harder the fall. Oh how I've fallen. If anybody would like to help me up, I'll probably still be laying on the floor face down for the next week. You know where I live. Hannah Beth would be kind enough to let you in!
These are the ways Aiden James is helping me KEEP IT REAL, YO! Keep in mind, this has all taken place within 12 SHORT/LONG/FUN? hours!
- My little Rascal is cutting molars big time, bad time! He wakes up screaming! I scramble out of bed, tie my hair back, and stumble into his room as quick as possible. (See, I am losing my mind! I wrote I tie my hair back...I'M BALD for goodness sake!) Our routine consists of milk, Little Einsteins, his puppy (Thank you Watkins Family!), the big brown chair and Mommy rubbing his tiny feet. Today, I got lost watching June dance her way out of meteors. I glanced down at my side to see that my son was entertaining himself by spitting out MOUTHFULS of MILK all over his clothes! They were so soaked that they actually splashed when he hit his chest! His Children's Place outfit! OH MAN!!!
- I took his soggy little outfit upstairs, sprayed it with Shout, said a little pray for the stain to be released, retrieved a NEW outfit and RAN back downstairs winded, woozy and ready for a stiff Sonic Limeaid! Oh, looky there! My son was standing ever so PROUDLY with his diaper in his hand. He was Kool-Aid Kid smiling to the moon and back! Thank you, Jesus! He did not make fudge or lemonade!
- He realized that swiping things from Hannah Beth was rather entertaining. When she got up from her chair, he RAN and clumsily climbed into it...LAUGHING!!! He even had his one arm behind his back as he ran. He does that when he wants to go super fast. I guess it gives him less wind resistance. It probably didn't help when I said, "Swiper, NO SWIPING!" because he continued his new trick all day long! And NO! This has not gone over well with Princess Hannah Beth!
- Aiden has added a new word to his ever-increasing vocabulary! He has a very special way of saying HI! He starts it with an 'S' and ends it with a 'T'! LOVELY...(*I confess! I'm addicted to Farmtown on FB! I was starting a harvest job. My very FIRST one, and all of a sudden a box came up asking if I would like to continue to work online. When I checked it, I lost my job! That is when my son learned to say HI in a please don't ever repeat this in front of your teachers way! So, yes, I have contributed to the delinquency of my own job because I have an addiction. The first step is admitting it!)
- He figured out that there is a slight slope at the back of the bathtub tonight. He can slide up and down it...while his MOTHER prays backwards and forwards that the Lord would please keep him safe while giving me wisdom on how to deter him from using his indoor water slide.
- Wisdom came, although I obviously didn't see it all the way through...I started drumming on the top and side of the tub and the wall. They made 3 different sounds, the wall being the bass! We drummed our way to HB's room. (His room has an open stairway on the way.) I left him for 3 seconds naked as a Jaybird...BIRD being the operative word! Seriously, I shut her door and RAN no more than 5 feet to fetch a diaper from his drawer. (Get it, he didn't have any drawers on! Sorry, I'm delirious!) A CD from Hannah Beth's open jam box lay in the center of the room. There was Aiden playing her drums with both sticks...Oh, and there was a little yellow line in the carpet where his fire hose apparently had gone off!@#%!
- And the piece de resistance!!!! "OH! AIDEN JAMES RIVET, NO SIR YOUNG MAN!" Hannah Beth's voice rang through the house. I was upstairs making plans for tomorrow's festivities. (Tuesday Troopers at the infusion center..be there or be square!) Ray was watching LSU SPANK UT. When I arrived at the scened, Aiden was spinning around in what was left of our purple curtains! He yanked the rod down and the hardware out of the wall!
THANK YOU, AIDEN for Keeping IT REAL! I love you, Buddy!
2 comments:
Oh Alicia, I'm not sure I should tell you this- but it is better to be forwarned. This is the tip, I repeat the tip of the iceburg. Welcome to motherhood. Your little man will have many more 'adventures' and HB will scream his name many more times before it is all over with. Luckily this will give you amunition for the teen years, and funny stories to tell his children. Love you
OMGosh! I am sooo rolling!!! Yes boys are a different breed...and JJ TOTALLY has humbled me! Wow...but he has also brought a new laughter that we didn't have before! HUGS girlie! and we will press on! ;-)
love, Rach
Post a Comment