Today is the day that Mom and I started chemo together. She sat with me while I got the good juice of healing. Isn't it amazing that I have a Mom that is also my friend?!?! Not everybody can say that. I can. It's amazing, truly amazing. Oh Father, bless Mom as she endures my presence! I don't want her to be a victim of my presence, I want to bless her as she blesses me.
Miss Lorie was our nurse. (I'm using our not because I'm a Cybil, but because I know I am NOT fighting this alone. I know that I have Jesus, family, friends and doctors on our team. Therefor, I'm choosing not to say mine. By the way, this is not my cancer. It is cancer that is in my body. It does not belong to me. It is not mine!)
Long story longer...Miss Lorie was great. It was neat to have her because I have this incredible friend, Lorie who knows, loves and serves Jesus. It felt like she was there too! God is good! (Oh I need to back up to Mr. James who does the lab work. He did a great job. He's from Kenya and has the most gentle spirit and kind voice. He took my blood before I started chemo. I didn't freak out!)
Miss Lorie put the IV in...again, I was relatively calm. She explained too much information for me to comprehend, but I looked at her and focused with all my might. I was given Wacky Fruit punch as the first medication. She had to push it through. With this one, I just had to tell her if I felt any burning, because it will burn any tissue it hits if it leaks from my veins. The second one will do something or other to my bones. I didn't really hear her on this one either. You see, Rita Springer and I were praising Jesus (via MP3) when she came to put this in my IV. I was singing (don't worry, not out loud!) Fall on Me when she came up. As she spoke something about bones, the ear bud in my left ear belted, "Breathe on, Breathe on, Breath on these dry bones, these dry bones, these dry bones..." As you can see again. Jesus really has perfect timing! I'm so glad He is my Daddy! He really knows exactly what I need when I need it. "Blah blah blah blah, you'll need to come in on Monday for a shot into your bone on your arm" pierced my right ear. Are you kidding me!?!?!?
Mom took me to Pei Wei for lunch...Oops, we didn't read the part about having to wait for an hour after chemo to eat! OOPSY DAISY...Those Vietnamese rice rolls and Lo Mien noodles were so tasty. After being in chemo for 5 hours, I was starving. Mom took me home. As soon as she opened the door, I was thrown back by the smell of Cajun cooking. It permeated the house. Normally, I would have rushed in for a plate. NOT THIS TIME! I couldn't even step through the threshold! UGH! I sat on the lawn waiting for the bad guys to come up. They didn't, but we HAD TO SHUT THAT DOOR! Aiden came to love on me...OOH he stunk to the high heavens too. Mom took me to the Granny Spa (her house) with Hannah Beth in tow. She just wanted to be with me, even if I slept the whole time. That's my girl! She is full of mercy, grace, prayer and the deliverer of Joy!
Please pray for Ray's recovery. Please pray for my infection at the porta-cath site to heal. Please pray for God to cover me when I go in Monday for that horrible shot! Thank you!
No comments:
Post a Comment