Saturday, April 25

Phone-A-Friend

PREFACE:
The Lord has always made sure I had a "mother". Sandy was my first. Then there was Michelle. I have crazy mad fun times memories with Michelle. She is just one of those people who is real, you know? I would like to say I am her favorite child. Perhaps I could be since my Mom, Linda got to do all the hard stuff with me! She got me once a year until I was 13ish. Each yearly trip to California meant that I could stay with Michelle and Tara, while my brothers and sisters stayed with their Dad, Rick (GREAT GUY by the way!).

CANCER SUCKS!
Saturday morning brought a stark realization to me that my body needs help! The 9 pills of supplements laying in front of me were overwhelming to say the least. I was already nauseous. 9 pills...some of these boogers are HUMONGLIOUS! 9 pills, Really? Really! Really!?!?! I couldn't do it. I farted around for 2 hours before I completely broke down in the bathroom. Mr. Rogers AKA my apple pie husband came in to encourage me. He was so sweet, "Babe, remember what Dr. Luepnitz said, we need to have hope and be positive."

I shut him down with my cold, stark response, "Babe, I have not cried ONCE since I've learned about this damn cancer thing! Let me cry, please just let me cry." He did.

You know when you are super duper ticked and you just want to curse like a sailor and not be judged and condemned for it? Well, I knew if I called Michelle, she would let me. I also know that my Mom, family and friends would let me. Michelle, she would cuss for me. She would cuss with me.

Then I picked up the phone and called my Mom, Michelle. She has gone through way more than I will have to. She has almost died several times in her fight against this enemy! She has been doing it without the strong support system that I have. Michelle is crazy strong! She has been fighting this little thing called cancer for over a year...holy cow...I think 2 years now...

ANYWAYS, the point is she knows! She knows and she is expressive like I usually am. She will speak what I am feeling and help me fight this bad word! I woke her up on a Saturday morning. OOPS for the 2 hour time difference! She was glad to hear from me??? I was sobbing, "I'm having a sh****y day!" She had me repeat after her, "F'ing Cancer SUCKS!" It does. It really does. I was angry because nobody told me that I would have other physical problems through this that aren't fun. She shared with me the truth about all the embarrassing crap that will happen.

"GOOD TIMES" is our mantra. What comfort. She knew how it sucks. She is still funny, she is still living. Michelle is living...really living...She is still a Mom and goes to baseball games and enjoys life. I want to do that too!

I love you, Phone-A-Friend! Thank you so much! YOU do know how important is was to me to hear your voice and laugh and cry with you. You know. I love you, Michelle!

No comments: