Thursday, April 16

Fatigue

Let's study this word, shall we?

Fatigue...It starts with the word "FAT", so we know it can't be a good word!

It doesn't follow simple phonics rules. I figured it was a French thing. Oh Yes! The 'igue' is definitely FRENCH! They always have ways to make poopy things just sound good.

Merriam-Webster defines fatigue as:
1 manual or menial work performed by military personnel
2 the uniform or work clothing worn on fatigue and in the field
3 weariness or exhaustion from labor, exertion, or stress
4 the temporary loss of power to respond that is induced in a sensory receptor or motor end organ by continued stimulation
4 the tendency of a material to break under repeated stress

As I thought about the word, my mind began to wander. (I know this is NOT a first for me!) Soldiers wear "fatigues". The work they do for us causes 'fatigue'. Despite this exhaustion and conditions that we aren't even aware of, soldiers ALWAYS get up and 'soldier on'.

These are random thoughts, so stick with me for a minute...
The truth is Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Isaiah 40:30-31

Physically, I am feeling pain like I've not felt before. My muscles are sore, even to the touch. The muscles in my FACE are sore! What is that? I'll get a burst of energy that lasts maybe 10 minutes, and BLAM! I'm laying like broccoli in the recliner again.

Today, I have learned that I am in a battle. This battle will continue to rage as I sleep. The verb (fatigue) will happen, but the Lord will renew my strength as I put my hope in Him. My fatigues will be the full Armor of God...Ephesians 6:14-17. I'm so glad my God never slumbers. I can sleep and He will still fight for me. Thank you, friends for continually fighting with us in prayer.

No comments: