CAUTION: May not be suitable for children!
Mom endured my anxiety today. She was with me when they put the IV in for the Muga. WHATEVER for the IV's! I totally don't like them! The Muga pretty much (excuse my french) sucked! I had to lay down on a hard table and hold my left arm in the air. You know the arm that I CAN'T use right now because of this dumb porta-cath infection thing. Seriously, dude there had to have been a better way to do this. The nurse offered a blanket, but he forgot to bring it. I was shivering like a red-eyed tree frog in the Antarctic! I was not liking the man. I just wanted to get the test over as soon as possible. Please Lord, forgive me for all the horrible things I was thinking about that kid!
He yanked the IV out, placed the sticky kind of poopie tape over it. Thanks, again, kid! All I could think of was how painful it would be to pull it off later. I would remember that kid while I did it, of course! Even if I don't like his behavior, Lord please bless him. Please grant him mercy for the rest of the patients he meets today. So many of the ones to come will be in much more pain than I was. Please poor mercy out on him.
Miss Nice Nurse came to perform the EKG on me. She was so kind. One of the leads had to be placed right next to the port. She was incredibly gentle. It was over lickity-split!
We went to visit Dr. Edward Scissor hands today at 2:00. He is just an incredible man! I cannot say one bad thing about him. He is insightful, kind, gentle, gentle, gentle, gentle...did I mention how gentle he is? He is a man of integrity too! It's written all over him. It's the first thing you see before you even look into his eyes. God is so good to allow me to be under Dr. Russell's care! He drained the rust out. He pulled a little over 100 cc's of rust. EEEWWW! Then he glued the incision for me. He is a bit concerned about the porta-cath. So, I get to take another antibiotic. GREAT! Mom and I get to see him again on Monday for another draining session and to check on the port.
Please pray for the infection to heal. I'd rather not have another surgery! Thank you!
No comments:
Post a Comment