Monday, April 20

Giving Cancer the Bird!

Ray's follow up appointment went well. Dr. Smith assured us that his tree trunk of a leg was healing well. I was so proud of Ray as Tonya plucked out all of those gnarly staples. He had his big boy pants on! Our next stop was to see Wise Man #1.

Dr. Russell is really and truly the greatest! I need to give props to his incredible staff too! Today, he had to drain some more rust. I was terrified, truly terrified. The fear of pain was more than I could bear. It had only been 7 days since the last procedure, yet the pain was right there in front of me. I would rather take my chances wrestling a rattler, than go through this again. Okay, so maybe that's stretching it a little, but it's pretty close to how I felt. Tears welled up in my eyes as he explained the procedure to me for the 3rd time.

It's amazing how this man is completely patient, kind and merciful. He is so gentle. He always puts his patients first in every way. He knew my fear was real to me and acknowledged it. He was so kind. He gave me 2 locals, found the area needing to be drained with a sonogram and sucked out the ooey gooey rust! It was over before I knew it. Ray was able to watch the ooey gooey disappear on the sonogram screen. How cool is that?!? I love Wise Man #1!

I took advantage of the drugs being in my system! It was so beautiful outside. It tore my heart to pieces seeing Hannah Beth and Aiden looking out the window. So, I asked Mom to start the lawnmower for me. Adrenaline filled my body as I cut down all four layers of our backyard rainforest. I was secretly flipping off this little thing called cancer the entire time! IT FELT GREAT!

Shortly afterward, Mrs. Phillips dropped off a home cooked Olive Garden Meal to us! YUMBOLICIOUS! The day couldn't have gone any better!

No comments: