Tuesday, April 28

Porta-Cath

Michelle~This one's for you! Love you!

Circa 1983ish
For those NOT in the loop...Mom and the rest of our family traumatized Tara (Michelle's daughter, who is 9 days younger than me) one summer. It was the summer after we had all seen The Shining. With a family of five children, you know there are bound to be several pranks to scare the bejeebers out of us. The youngest, Brad (Sorry, Bubba!) Tara and I were easy prey! Just a whisper of "REDRUM" would send any of us screaming like the little girls we were...Well Brad was a boy, but he screamed like a little girl! Tonight, Michelle was reminding Mom and I how traumatized Tara was after her visit with us. Poor, poor Tara!

Fast Forward Present Time
Michelle did not get a porta-cath during her hundred million bajillion visits for chemo and other "Good Times" she was able to endure. So, I finally did something more big girl than her! I got a port and we used it for the first time today! We called her from the infusion center so I could call her a baby! It was so fun!

CAUTION: This video coud be traumatizing
to Tara and others. I do NOT have chemo
brain. This was MOTHER'S idea. That's
what Norman Bates said anyway!


No comments: